Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Value

A hot topic of late is physical therapy and value.  What is value to you?  When I think of value, I think about "my brand".  I pride myself on providing quality hands on care and personally guided, individualized exercise instruction to maximize the quality of life of orthopedic patients.  From that, I can extrapolate, that value, to me, includes education (fellowship training in manual orthopedic physical therapy), experience (sharing of various core stabilization exercises I have compiled over my years of being a PT), and "something extra" (making those exercises fit the individual whether it be an abundant supply of exercises for the exercise addict or functional movements for the desk jockey) to meet the goals of our patients.  For my non-PT readers, how do you provide value to society?  Does society know the value of the service we provide?

No comments:

Post a Comment