Saturday, December 3, 2011

Holiday Lull

Welcome back readers!  I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.  Since being back, I've seen a lot of new, interesting patients.  One in particular is a long standing "military duty-induced" low back pain with bilateral knee and ankle pain.  This patient came to me in the past for thoracic pain, mostly a rotational dysfunction, and is now back, after insurance "clean up" for lower back pain along with bilateral knee and ankle pain.  Her initial round of physical therapy concentrated on functional stabilization exercise with manual physical therapy techniques directed mostly at the thoracic spine.  I took the opportunity to utilize the SFMA format to "go a little deeper" (and quicker) on my re-assessment of her this time around to be able to treat her from a more global picture.  Are any of you SFMA practitioners?  What do you like/dislike about SFMA?  I'll plan on posting a few snippets from her continual assessment and treatment approach to see how the SFMA tool works.  Feel free to chime in on your suggestions to help this patient move along.  http://www.sfma.com/site/index.php

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been ignoring this thread, however, the patient has not returned. May have to pick another one to follow for my blog right now.

    ReplyDelete